Tuesday, June 06, 2006

What a week...

And it is only Tuesday!

Today marked the end of an era for another of my children. Today Big Sister Girl completed her final day of 4th grade, and she has been promoted to 5th grade.

When she started the new school 9.5 months ago, she bet me a dollar on her first day that she would come home with no friends. Well, that first day of school, she had not even parked her seat at her desk when two girls introduced themselves to her. Last night she rattled off kids that she considers friends in every grade (or in the case of the 8th grader), call her friend.

The boy is recovering from an ear infection that started before Easter, diminished (never went away), and moved to the other ear. After missing 4 consecutive days at school, he is progressing back to his normal self, but this time with an attitude. The terrible two's are starting... NOW. Yesterday he bit 3 friends at school. Granted, one was the "new" kid, and the boy had to taste him to see if he was a keeper. The other was an old friend, and the third was a friend from Toddler II (an older child!) At home he refuses to sit in the chair and eat, blueberries and yogurt are no longer his favorite (nothing is), and not an hour goes by without a meltdown complete with feet stomping, crying, and tears.

Dear husband changed the dog food to an "Aunt Bruno Special" so every morning we awake to the fragrant farts caused by Kibbles 'n Bits. I thought the farmers were spreading manure, but then I remembered we don't live near a farm.

So as all of this fun stuff whirls around us, Number 10 (tenth grandchild on the way) has tooth buds under her gums, her intestines are moving from the umbilical cord to her tiny developing body, and she is causing my clothes to shrink. I hate to buy more pregnant lady clothes as this is the LAST one, but I think I need more than one pair of shorts... Maybe.

Time to go wrastle up the young'ens. My boss (bless his heart) pointed out today that, after a butt kicker of a day like today, I can't even go home and drink, sit in the hot tub, etc. But I can EAT! And that I do very well.

1 comment:

C'Mere said...

ha ha ha at least you have an excuse for shrinking clothes, you're prego!!