We have adopted the technique in our own home, too, for the Monkey and the Troll. In fact, the Troll fell asleep on the floor the other day (I swear if it were not for the demanding tempermant, I would not believe he is one of mine) and the monkey snuggled next to him and did sleepy circle on his sleeping brother's head. It was one of those (rare) moments that I am glad to have two of them.
All of this is leading to a point, I promise.
The Monkey loves to shop at Target, which he lovingly refers to as Sleepy Circle. We eat at Horsey (Buffalo Wild Wings) and Apples (Applebee's), we shop at Sleepy Circle (and Kroger, his other favorite),. We drive a Red Car and a Brown Car, and daddy drives a black "woo woo" car.
I absolutely adore his imagination.
We also sing the potty song to the tune of "Are you sleeping Are you sleeping Brother John Brother John?" or "Where is pointer, where is pointer, here i am, here i am, how are you today sir, very well I thank-you, run away. run away."
Are you pooping?
Are you pooping?
Yes, I am.
Yes, I am.
Pooping in the potty.
Pooping in the potty.
My good boy!
My good boy!
Last night I was singing "Are you pooping? Are you pooping?"
and The Monkey responded, right in tune without missing a beat,
"No I not! No I not!
I already di-id. I already di-id."
Ok, this one will definitely pass as Daddy's boy. And the troll is a snuggler, but very insistent, which will eventually turn into demanding. Definitely his dad's boy, too.
The Troll was playing with a toy at school yesterday afternoon. Another baby crawled near to attempt to "share" and the Troll laid on the toy to prevent her from playing with it. He will holler in his friend's face and turn away to protect his toy of the moment.
I don't know. They are definitely a hand full!
No comments:
Post a Comment