Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Good Wife's Guide


And here I have been doing things wrong for all of these years. Duh!

(McDonald's for supper again, or should we spice it up with Taco Bell tonight? Oh, cereal and poptarts? You got it baby!)

Let's see... I work 40+ hours a week outside of the home, am responsible for picking up and dropping off at daycare/school, am the laundry goddess (honey do I have any clean khaki's, underwear, polos, hankies, shorts?), pay all of the bills, grocery shop, replace shower curtain liners, scrub toilets (the ONLY one in our house), refill hand soap bottles, unload the dishwasher, and LOAD it again, make/decide what to do about dinner/lunch/breakfast, am keeper of birthdays, I am all knowing of the whereabouts of everything in our home, keeper of all dates and anniversaries, drive the 11-year-old 35 miles one way to a birthday party over my lunch break and then back again, change the sheets on the bed, fold clothes, bathe children, put babies to bed, make bottles, potty train, schedule hair cuts, dr visits, grooming appts, buy presents for birthdays/anniversaries/etc, order computers, plan and throw parties that require kegs that are still more than halfway full at the end of the night requiring a partial dismantle of the garage fridge because the same someone who insisted on a keg now insists on drinking cold flat beer but I am not bitter, walk dogs, feed dogs, feed fish... (Ok, I hired a cleaning lady, but that is only every other week! I do have to clean on the off weeks - occasionally.)

I think that is a pretty good wife, mother, pet owner, housekeeper, party planner, scheduler, taxi driver, etc.

No comments: