This is my man. My little mr. stinky pants. Full of love, piss and vinegar.
He will begin the transition to Preschool on Monday, August 6, 2007. By Monday, August 20, he will be a full fledged Preschooler.
Please let me take a moment to read the previous paragraph several hundred times and let it sink in.
Wait, weren't we just transitioning from the Baby room to Toddler I????? What the hell happened????
Don't get me wrong, I am very glad he is growing up. Independence is a wonderful thing. He is incredibly smart, funny, and such a honey.
The other day, Daddy was taking LMSP to the store. As they drove, Daddy said, "Ok. We need diapers, toilet paper, and soap. Now what do we need?"
LMSP responded: "We need tractors, graters, trucks..." Then laughed like a goon at his own joke.
While he was in my belly, and for months after he was born, I wondered what he would be like. Would he bull-headed like his dad? (yes) Would he be kind and sensitive like his BSG? (yes) Would he be a storyteller like his dad? (yes) Would he be anything like his mom? (a bit) He is fiercely independent (me) yet sensitive and caring (me). He loves his brother (when he is not biting, hitting, or pushing him), and occasionally is affectionate towards me. Right now it is all about Daddy, but he will come back around. Daddy "helps out" with LMSP when I am occupied with dishes, laundry, the troll, BSG, dogs, diapers, etc. I would love to have a day of role reversal, but it would follow by a day of double the household duties for me.
Sunday, BSG and I went to the store for a few groceries. Somehow we were roped into taking LMSP with us.
BSG: Why do we have to take LMSP?
Me: Because Daddy can't handle both boys at the same time.
BSG: But you do it all of the time!
And Bingo was his name-o.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment