We chatted for a while, and I told her about the diziness, shortness of breath, tightness of the ligaments, etc. The standard third pregnancy woes.
Then it came.
Doc: So, you're at home, right?
Me: No, I am at work.
Doc: How many hours?
Me: 40 a week.
Doc: Oh, and where does the baby go?
Me: Daycare. He loves it.
Doc: Well, let's see. You are anti-RO, lupus, thrombophilia, hashimoto's thyroiditis, MTHFR... (she went on, but I got lost in the alphabet). You were off at 12 weeks the last time... You are at a high risk for preterm labor... I want you off of work.
Me (Picking up my teeth): Ok, how soon? Until I deliver?
Doc: I am surprised you have made it this far. The sooner the better, how soon do you want to start? And yes, until the end.
Me: Can I finish out the rest of the week?
Doc: Yes, that will be ok, but take it easy. The less stress the better.
~The woman has never been in our house! And after raising 4 girls of her own, I would think she understood! ~
Doc: It is amazing what we think we can do, and what we put ourselves through. Keep the baby in daycare as much as possible, and get some rest.

So, there is was. I left with a note for work stating that I would be on medical leave starting August 14, 2006. 2 weeks before the fall semester starts. The busiest time of the year. The last time I was yanked off of work and thrown on bedrest, no questions asked. At least this time I have a bit of a warning. Then again, it is just more time to worry. I feel bad about leaving my department of 3 (now 2!) to handle all of my projects, and special "friends" that seek Instructional Design assistance, as well as counseling, venting, etc.
Holy poop.
1 comment:
Hi Amanda! This is Lauren Stein, Sharon's daughter-in-law. Oh my! I'm sorry about the sudden yank out of work. I know the aches of pain of being pregnant are yucky enough. If I could, I run down and fill in for you at work!
In the least, I hope you get some really good relax time for yourself. You seem like such a wonderful and BUSY MOM, and I think some time to relax might be nice. Hang in there, soon you'll have a sweet cuddly baby to hold! :)
Post a Comment