
First, there was this one...
Sweet, smiley, happy Baby Girl.

Then these two came yapping into our lives, and hearts.

Along came this serious bundle of pure love, and Baby Girl became Big Sister Girl.
And then, somehow, it happened again. Our lives are expanding ONE more time...
Every April first, I would tell dear husband that we were expecting another child, and for a split second he would believe me. Well, this year, even I could not deny the second line on the EPT. (the third one - always buy the 2 pack).
So, three pee sticks and three ultrasounds later, I am finally coming to terms with the fact that I am really pregnant. It is not the bird flu, or too many trips to the all you can eat buffet. No, it is a living life growing inside my belly that are wreaking havoc with my hormones, making everything that was a favorite now something to be abhorred.
I have ultrasound pics that I can post, but right now it seems like too much of an effort. Sigh. The first scan was at 5 weeks (because I am a nervous nelly after the fiasco of a pregnancy that ended up with the boy), then again at 8 weeks (regular visit and scan), and then this past week at 10 weeks (visit with the high risk pregnancy dr.) Scan #1 showed a gestational sac and not much else. Scan #2 we had a peanut and a heartbeat of 168 bpm. Scan #3 showed a wiggley peanut, with arm and leg buds, and a heartbeat of 175 bpm. Can we say GIRL???
Lots of scarey stuff to deal with now, though. Medical conditions, auto immune diseases, and genetic mutations that cause blood clots for me, and potential heart blockages for the babe.
I was not ready for this, but obviously God was. My next call to the OB was to schedule a tubal ligation, not to tell her that I had a positive pregnancy test and needed to been seen ASAP.
Here we go! Just when I thought life had settled down a bit. My degree was finished, the move complete, custody battles ended, new schools started... I was looking forward to contentment! Ok, God and Jesus. I will trust Your plans. I might kick and scream a bit, but I know that You know best, and I trust in that. (insert nervous laugh)
1 comment:
Hello Amanda!
Congrats on the great surprise! I hope the pregnancy is going well. You and your family are in my prayers!!!
God Bless,
Amy
Post a Comment