Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me!



Kevin Z. (arttogo) creates and sells the most beautiful Greyhound prints on eBay. <--- http://www.greyhoundart.com

I adopted a retired greyhound named Lexus in 1997. Due to my divorce, relocation, new husband with allergies, and most of all, Lex's general happiness with Ma, Pa, Bruno, and the kitties, Lex lived with my parents for the last years of her life. Lexus crossed the rainbow bridge in the spring of 2005.

Lexus was my dad's best bud. We all took it hard when Lex crossed the bridge, but I think my dad took it hardest. My sister bought this print from Kevin Z. (arttogo on eBay) for our dad as a Christmas gift last year.

Knowing how much this picture meant to me (I cried when I showed it to her online), my friend Holly bought this print for me for my Birthday. (THANK-YOU HOLLY!!!!) She had me in tears by 8:30 this morning. A greyt print from a great friend. And a plate of yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting. How could today get any better???
(- ok, it almost did. my Mom and inlaws have called to sing happy birthday.) I am so loved!

10:45 am Update: Maybe if I keep writing, presents will continue to flow. My Sweetie just sent me 18 red roses. ILYMS!!!
(Again, Thank-you Holly, for helping me find a vase and cut the stems!)

11:15 am Update: Balloons from Chris Z. and more singing from Diane. Birthday cards from the president of the college, and the Provost. In addition to various e-cards and emails from family and co-workers.

12:00pm Update: Lunch! I knew I had a committee meeting today over the noon hour, and that lunch would be provided. This usually means pizza, or a cold sub sandwich. I joked with my boss that I would attend if he brought a cake. He not only brought cake, but salad, green beans with almonds, chicken, and carrot cake. (It was catered, and the budget paid for it, but it was nice to have lunch with 19 of my closest committee member friends.) :-)

Evening Update: Yes, it is all about ME today.

Yellow cake with chocolate frosting, and a coconut cream pie - all from my favorite bakery. (You go, sweetie!) Yummy pizza and breadsticks, my hubby, my kids, and my dogs... My birthday was pretty darn good.

Some moms want jewelry, spa days, silky pajamas. Not me! For 31 years, well 30 at least - I was not aware of their existence until I was about 1 or so, I have dreamed that someday one of these would grace my countertop. And on my 31st birthday, there it was... No, not a Red Rider bb gun, but a Kitchenaid Stand mixer. (More than a mixer. The ULTIMATE cooking tool.)




Look out Rachael Ray!

I am am cooking with the big boys now!


All in all it was a pretty darn good birthday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you Sunshine. Love forever from
your parents and wishes for a happy life. God Bless you