Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Take me to your leader...

I have volunteered. I promised myself never again (at least not without help), yet I found myself at a Girl Scout Cookie meeting last night, with about 25 other leaders and co-leaders.

So, here we go again! I fell sucker for the old line, "If we don't have a leader, we will have to disban the troop and send the girls to other schools." I could not see that happening, so I caved.

And, just as last time, I have no co-leader. For the past year, my mantra has been, "I will lead, but not without help. I will lead, but I will NOT be cookie mom, too."

New house, new town, new church, new grocery stores and gas stations, etc, etc. Why not a new troop, too! And why not throw cookie mom in the mix! I have loads of time to complete paperwork, cash checks, track down NSF payments, hand out boxes and boxes of Thin Mints and Carmel deLites. After all, I am done with my Master's, and the baby is 1, now.

No, I am not bitter. I am excited to lead the troop, and be involved in scouts, meet new people, etc. I had hoped for a bit more stability before jumping in head first into an empty pool.

Anywho, Cookie Sales start December 12, just in time for the Holidays. Cookies will be delivered the week of February 11 - the same week I am presenting at a conference in/skipping town for Savannah, Georgia. {Insert sound of head hitting desk repeatedly.}

No comments: