Saturday, November 12, 2005

Our Day Off

Being that Friday was Veteran's Day (Thank-you to those who have served!), husband and I spent the day together, no kids, no dogs, just us. (And we lived to tell about it!)


We started out with coffee and pastries at Panera, then off to shop. Somehow it got to be lunch time. For weeks (ok, months) I have heard about "this great Thai restaurant in Hamtramck..." So I caved. How often do you get to eat Thai in a Polish town?





Thai Bankok was fairly decent, although I have no other Thai experience to compare.


We shared a plate of chicken pad thai, which consisted of chicken, noodles, and granulated Thai seasonings on top.

Hamtramk itself is an interesting land. Imagine street after street of row housing, markets boasting freshly made sausages, and the sound of polka music wafting through downtown, all surrounded by the city of Detroit.

I know where I will be purchasing my paczkis next year!






We also lost $50 in 20 minutes at the MGM Grand Casino, bought tamales and assorted goodies in Mexican Town, shopped a bit more, then picked up the kids, and went home. That was enough for one day off...

No comments: