Thursday, April 26, 2007

Chesare



I know I am not supposed to play favorites with my children, but Chezzie was my first born, and will always have a special place in my heart.

Chezz was born in 1993, the same year that I graduated HS, and left for college. One afternoon, my roommate heard a meowing on the walk outside of our apartment. We opened the door, and in came the sweetest little stripey kitty in the whole world. We offered him a can of our other roommate's tuna, which he heartily scarfed down, then climbed on my bed to take a snooze. I convinced Momma Mia that he had no home, and MUST live with us. That was 14 years ago. He is mean and ornry, but my Fat Boy that I love so very much. He lives with Gma and Gpa now, as dear hubby is allergic to anything with hair, especially cats. But the city boy has lived with me when he could, and is happy as a country cat now.

He has been losing weight, and we fear his health is not so good anymore. We fear he is diabetic, and his time is near. When he has crossed the rainbow bridge, I plan to have his stripey body stuffed, and then he can live with me once more.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: