Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Here he is!




Happy 3 week birthday, little one.

B: 11/22/2006, 1:38 pm (or, as Dadd-o would say, 1338)
W: 10 lbs 4 oz (Yes, I had drugs, no, I did not have a
c-section)
L: 22.5 inches

My water broke at 3 am on 11/22, so he was going to be born that day regardless of what anyone else said. And, even though he was huge, I pushed no more than I did with LMSP.

I feel SOOO much better. My pre-preg clothes are still tight, but who cares if I wear sweat pants anyway?

Big Sister Girl is a very HUGE help. I definitely recommend an 8 -10 year gap between the first and the others.

LMSP is protective. He does not want anyone else to hold Mom's baby, unless it is him (or family.) I love when he asks to hold the baby on his shoulder. He is very good at helping. He holds the bottle, pats backs for burping, consoles when the baby cries in the car...

While I was in the hospital, LMSP would burst into my room, announcing, "Hi, Mom!" before he even saw me. The second or third visit he made, I was holding the baby instead of him resting in the cart. LMSP checked out the cart, and asked "Is he?" I showed him that the babe was in my arms, safe and sound. LMSP yelled, "Yea, Mommy! Find it!"

He is priceless.

Dad is a happy dad, but has been way out of town for the past 2 weeks for work. Great timing! The training he is receiving is invaluable, but the timing REALLY sucks. Nothing like dealing with the loss of your best friend and crutch while cruising on post-natal hormones!

He will be home by the weekend, but gone again for 6 more weeks starting either in January, March, or May. We will find out which session he is place in later today. At least then I will be back at work. But 6 weeks... I am back at work, but with ZERO vacation and/or sick time. With cold and flu season in full force, and the new one in daycare, you can bet there will be plenty of Dr. visits and stay at home days.

No comments: