
Before he was born, I fretted endless hours deciding if it was worth it to leave my man at daycare while I went to work. How could I abandon my baby???? It is a licensed/accredited facility associated with the college where I work, that I could agree with. What was a mommy and daddy to do??
So, one year ago, he started school. And now I cannot get him to leave. Everyday is a new adventure for him. He has friends, toys, well-balanced meals, activities, and stimulation that he would not have at home. Sure, he still screams and points when he wants something. But he does sign for "more." On the way to school this morning, I offered him another slice of orange. He waved his hands in the air to let me know he was "all done."
He is happy to go to school, and happy to go home, too. (Most of the time...) We have our routine, and he is very well-adjusted, and even satisfied. Where else can you go for a day and play with friends, have your meals cooked for you, your back rubbed as you go sleep in your own bed (or be rocked in a rocking chair), make art projects, play in red jell-o, have your face painted (see above), sit in the window seat and read books, take walks in the buggy and visit your momma, and on a good day venture out into the well padded "big room" for a romp with the "big kids?" Sounds good to me! Where do I sign up?
No comments:
Post a Comment